Thursday, September 10, 2015

Friends From God Are The Best Friends

         I've learned in recent years that once you meet a person who has such a Godly impact on your life, you can't let them go. While each summer at camp there's a few new people I become very attached to, and I'm thankful to say I still have those wonderful people in my life today. I've met many dear friends and christian role models at CMMBC and other christian summer camps.

   

     For example, MaryBeth is a true friend who shows me everyday the gift of genuine happiness from God. She lights up a room with the light of our God shining through her. She also helps me realize that I can be happy even in the hardest times of my life. I have made so many unforgettable memories with her and I'm thankful for God giving me a friend such as MaryBeth. We have experienced years of being together for weeks of volunteering or being a camper at Covenant Mountain Mission Bible Camp. Last year we attended CHIC, we got to listen to speaker and bands such as Louie Giglio, For King and Country, Rend Collective, Judy Peterson, Lecrae, Moriah Peters, and so many more. It was an experience we went through together and one we will never be able to forget about. It made such a huge impact on our lives, and we made friends that were from all over the nation that shared the same beliefs as us.
       
 I have made so many Godly friends throughout my years at camps such as CMMBC and CHIC(Covenant High In Christ) that can go to for anything. I have met many inspirational people who can show me more about how God can help you through situations when you let Him.

I have a wonderful Christian role model I can look up to for anything I need who will always lead me back to the Lord. She gives me hope in finding answers through prayer and talking to others who have been through similar situations regarding their approach to God for answers. Her name is Andrea Shepard, but us kids from camp call her Bama. She's from Alabama, and she has been a part of my life for over three years now. We met as CMMBC's senior camp and then again last year. She is a person I can rely on to always tell me the right thing to do in God's eyes. She shares Bible verses with me and talks to me about how I can become a better role model towards others as well. 




There are two sisters at CMMBC that truly mean the world to me. I have grown so close to them and they encourage me in so many ways to seek God's plan. Erica and Alex are two of the most caring and thoughtful young women I know, and they show me ways I can be more attentive to people in need. We got to all work together by volunteering at CMMBC this past summer. We volunteered during day camp which is children in grades pre-k - 5. It was a blessing to work together and tell over one hundred children about a loving God that cares for each and every one of them. We were also able to work together the week of junior camp, which is grades 6 - 8. It's an honor to serve our God together and to teach so many beautiful children what God did for them. We have worked together and been friends for awhile now, and without their love I don't know what I would do. I'm blessed to have these two sisters in my life, because they will never leave my side if I ever needed them.

  

       I thank God everyday for giving me such Godly women to experience this wonderful life with. He gives us the people we need in life and I wouldn't change that for anything.


WC: 648

3 comments:

  1. Camp is a great place to make new friendships, some lasting a lifetime! It's truly a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE you sooooo much! Let's just pack and move to camp. There's plenty of room! Who needs civilization anyways? And camp is just so stress-free! (besides Wacky Wednesday...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you and MaryBeth MELTS my heart<3 Love it!

    ReplyDelete